Nicola Giaquinto was born in Bari, Italy, on September 1966. He completed High School at Liceo Scientifico "E. Fermi" in Bari (1985, honors); he then continued his studies in Electronic Engineering at Politecnico di Bari where he received his Laurea (1992, honors) and PhD (1997).
He has been doing full-time research, research-related teaching and engineering work since 1992 as a member of the research group in Electrical and Electronic Measurements at Politecnico di Bari and of the Italian Association GMEE. After earning his PhD, he won a research grant from ENEA (Casaccia Research Center) (1997-1998), after which he continued at Politecnico di Bari as post-doc researcher and technical director of the Research Laboratory for Electronic Measurements in the Department of Electrics and Electronics (1998-2001) and as assistant professor at Engineering Faculty I (2001-2003). Since 2003 he has been holding the position of associate professor for the same Faculty.
Nicola Giaquinto is author/co-author of more than one hundred scientific papers, mostly published on international journals and/or presented at international conferences.
Past and current research interests
The research work of Nicola Giaquinto encompasses the field of Instrumentation & Measurement, namely:
• A/D and D/A converter testing and error correction
• Theoretical issues in metrology (error and uncertainty assessment)
• Metrological characterization of instrumentation (repeatability & reproducibility)
• Signal processing for measurements
• Artificial vision for measurements
• Automatic Test Equipment design
• Design of sensors for industrial and biomedical applications
• Statistical assessment of quality and reliability of products
A pdf file with a list of recent international publications by prof. Giaquinto is available here.
Courses taught and other academic activities
Updated information on Nicola Giaquinto's teaching and research work, including that which may interest prospective students, is available on Nicola Giaquinto's personal site: sites.google.com/site/giaquintopoliba
Il Dipartimento - Il Personale